Saturday, November 28, 2009
Quotable Sunday is brought to you by Toni, from A Daily Dose of Toni - why don't you join us? Here are the basic and easy-to-follow rules...come on and join in, it's fun! ;)
The rules (for newbies)~Go to your blog and post one or more of your favorite quotes.~Go to Toni's and sign mister linky with the link to your post and then go visit the other participants and leave some comment love.~Spread the word of course...we want lots of Quotes to read. :)
Even though the last piece of pumpkin pie is gone from the pie plate(rats) and some of the leftover turkey(still have a little left) is in the oven baking with the tetrazzini. (Mmmm, love that!) I am still lost in the memories of my family all being together under the same roof. With the sounds of laughter still playing like music in my head, I find that I don't want to let go of the feelings of Thanksgiving day quite yet!
So below are some final quotes about Thanksgiving for 2009.
1. “What we’re really talking about is a wonderful day set aside on the fourth Thursday of November when no one diets. I mean, why else would they call it Thanksgiving?” –Erma Bombeck
2. “I celebrated Thanksgiving in an old-fashioned way. I invited everyone in my neighborhood to my house, we had an enormous feast, and then I killed them and took their land.” –Jon Stewart
3. “I love Thanksgiving turkey … it’s the only time in Los Angeles that you see natural breasts.” –Arnold Schwarzenegger
4. “Thanksgiving, when the Indians said, “Well, this has been fun, but we know you have a long voyage back to England”. –Jay Leno
5. “You know that just before that first Thanksgiving dinner there was one wise, old Native American woman saying, “Don’t feed them. If you feed them, they’ll never leave.” –Dylan Brody
6. “Thanksgiving is the day when you turn to another family member and say, “How long has Mom been drinking like this?” My Mom, after six Bloody Marys looks at the turkey and goes, “Here, kitty, kitty.” –David Letterman
7. “Thanksgiving is an emotional time. People travel thousands of miles to be with people they only see once a year. And then discover once a year is way too often.” –Johnny Carson
8. “An optimist is a person who starts a new diet on Thanksgiving Day.” Irv Kupcine
9. "Thanksgiving, man! Not a good day to be my pants."
10. "It has been an unchallengeable American doctrine that cranberry sauce, a pink goo with overtones of sugared tomatoes, is a delectable necessity of the Thanksgiving board and that turkey is uneatable without it." ~Alistair Cooke