Sunday, December 13, 2009

Quotable Sunday


Quotable Sunday is brought to you by Toni, from A Daily Dose of Toni - why don't you join us? Here are the basic and easy-to-follow rules...come on and join in, it's fun! ;)

The rules (for newbies)~Go to your blog and post one or more of your favorite quotes.~Go to Toni's and sign mister linky with the link to your post and then go visit the other participants and leave some comment love.~Spread the word of course...we want lots of Quotes to read. :)

In between shopping and wrapping presents, I have been reading some of Dave Barry's old columns. I used to read them regularly in the Chicago Tribune newspaper when I lived in Chicago and I haven't read any in years.
I came across a column that he wrote about his own experiences having a colonoscopy that had me ROFLMAO!! (English translations..rolling on the floor laughing my a-s-s off) At the end of his column, he listed the following quotes from patients that made me laugh all over again
The perfect stress reliever for me is laughter and it's free, so far! So instead of listing quotes this week, I want you to experience a little laughter during your hectic days of the seasons.
Happy Holidays and Happy Quotable Sunday!

On the subject of Colonoscopies... by Dave Barry

Colonoscopies are no joke, but these comments during the exam were quite humorous..... A physician claimed that the following are actual comments made by his patients (predominately male) while he was performing their colonoscopies:

1. 'Take it easy, Doc. You're boldly going where no man has gone before!

2. 'Find Amelia Earhart yet?'

3. 'Can you hear me NOW?'

4. 'Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?'

5. 'You know, in Arkansas , we're now legally married.'

6. 'Any sign of the trapped miners, Chief?'

7. 'You put your left hand in, you take your left hand out...'

8. 'Hey! Now I know how a Muppet feels!'

9. 'If your hand doesn't fit, you must quit!

10. 'Hey Doc, let me know if you find my dignity.'

11. 'You used to be an executive at Enron, didn't you?'

12. 'God, now I know why I am not gay.'

And the best one of all.

and finally.....

13. 'Could you write a note for my wife saying that my head is not up there?'

19 comments:

  1. Peggy, thank you for stopping by!
    I was just looking at some Dave Barry stuff this morning while I was trying to find inspiration for a topic!

    Too too funny - LOL -since we've been watching a lot of Star Trek around here, I think this is my fav!
    'Take it easy, Doc. You're boldly going where no man has gone before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Dave Berry! Hilarious!

    I especially cracked up at #13... ;)

    Enjoy your Sunday, Peggy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martha;

    This was a hard week for me. been busy like everyone else. I also have been reading a lot of Dave Barry this past week.
    Thank you for stopping by and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacy;

    # 13 was my husbands favorite too!
    Have a good week full of laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness, what a hoot! I love Dave Barry and miss his column. I like #13 the best of all. Thanks for the smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheryl;

    I'm glad it made you smile too!
    My husbands fav too!
    Have a great week with a lot of laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love Dave Barry and these are a hoot! Best laugh of the weekend for sure!! Just what I needed on a cold, gray day!

    Have a great day, Peggy!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol! Those are great. I especially like the last one. Too funny ;D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sylvia;

    From one that makes me LOL all the time, is a huge compliment!
    Thanks Sylvia
    I'm doing well on my wrapping and sending out of town packagaes Find it so hard to stay away from all of you! I think I blog more for myself too, just like you .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are hilarious! I love that people come up with this stuff. I think there's a little medicinal help to loosen the tongues during that procedure!

    Love it!

    I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. O.K. Those are all just either funny, or just wrong LOL!!!
    That last one has got to be my favorite too!
    Thanks for the laugh Peggy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blue;

    I love that people like us do come up with stuff like this. Thanks so much for your comment and thanks for being a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LT;

    A little of both I fear. Thanks for you comment and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LT;

    A little of both I fear. Thanks for you comment and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh boy--I hope 13 wasn't my husband!

    I cannot imagine what that feels like, but after reading these I have an idea LOL Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The comments afterwards are funny.
    The exam, not so much!
    Thanks Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I used to love Dave Barry, too. These lines about a colonoscopy are great! I love it! I'm hoping I don't have to get one for a while more.

    By the way, I tried the Updated Editor and I see what you mean about the old editor being better sometimes. I've decided to stick with the old one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I used to love Dave Barry, too. These lines about a colonoscopy are great! I love it! I'm hoping I don't have to get one for a while more.

    By the way, I tried the Updated Editor and I see what you mean about the old editor being better sometimes. I've decided to stick with the old one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I use both editors,I like the look of the updated editor but I like the picture and spell check from the old. It's a pain but I go back and forth!
    Have a wonderful holiday season with your family in Hawaii.
    Love!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, so spill !

Awards, Meme's and Hugs

pencil cursors