Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Wednesday Wickedness # 2
Hi and welcome to our brand new Wednesday Wickedness,
brought to you by Jenera.
We are like other memes in that we will ask you ten questions each and every Wednesday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick a famous person and pick ten of their quotes. Each of our questions will be based on the quotes. Got it? Great! Let's begin this week's meme!
Today we picked John Lennon. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!
1. “Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak.” Who was the last celebrity that you thought was bright until you saw them interviewed?
Mel Gibson surprised me when he went on his anti Semitic rampage.
2. “Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.” Do you get upset and do you think you're being lazy when you do nothing?
No, everybody needs a lazy day with a book.
3. “If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal.” Do you think that the U.S. and our wars seem to just ignore our history?
No, I think we are repeating history.
4. "I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people." Do you feel you conform just to fit in?
No, I try to follow my own drummer.
5. "Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." Do you feel that you at times do not enjoy the moment because you are worried about what comes next?
Yes, I am sometimes guilty of not living in the moment, not stopping to smell the roses.
I'm working on that part.
6. "The more real you get, the more unreal everything else is." Does it seem that when you learn more about yourself, that others' opinions of you are more likely to seem stupid?
No, I think others have known who I was before I did.
7. "A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." Do you feel that when you share beliefs with someone, there is more likelihood in accomplish a goal?
I think that one person can make a difference,.. but many people working together can create a miracle. So the answer is yes!
8. "God is a concept by which we measure our pain." How religious or spiritual are you? Or how cynical are you? (Pick your question.)
I believe that I am a spiritual person.
9. "Before Elvis there was nothing." Do you think as rock 'n roll history is concerned, that Elvis had that big an impact?
Yes, I believe that Elvis will always be known as the King of Rock and Roll.
10. "Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." Do you feel after what has happened on Wall Street and our financial institutions, that his quote is more relevant today?
I'm not sure about the maniac part, but to me it's all about greed!
Thanks for checking out our Wednesday craziness. We hope you join us again. Please visit our other player's posts and make a comment. Join us next week for our next meme