Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Wednesday Wickedness #5
Hi and welcome to our brand new Wednesday Wickedness,
brought to you by Janera
We are like other memes in that we will ask you ten questions each and every Wednesday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick a famous person and pick ten of their quotes. Each of our questions will be based on the quotes. Got it? Great! Let's begin this week's meme!
Today we picked Phil Jackson. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!
1. "Always keep an open mind and a compassionate heart.” Do you ALWAYS keep an open mind?
I try to keep an open mind. I have been proven wrong way to many times, not to keep an "Always Open" sign in my brain.
2. “Wisdom is always an overmatch for strength.” Who is the wisest person you know? Who is the strongest?
My friend Kay's Mother is very wise for sure.
My husband for strongest.
3. "Yes, victory is sweet, but it doesn't necessarily make life any easier the next season or even the next day." Do you think a successful day at your job makes the next day better or not?
I think the day after a good day at work starts you out better mentally.
So if your attitude is good, you're 49% there towards having another good day.
In other words, it's a cr-p shoot to be honest!!!
4. "...True joy comes from being fully present in each and every moment, not just when things are going your way." How would we tell by your behavior if you are having a bad day?
I donno, ask my husband. He's pretty astute at knowing if I'm having a bad day.
5. "I gave it my body and mind, but I have kept my soul." Do you have days when you feel you gave it your all, but may have compromised your values?
Well I might sell my soul for a piece of chocolate someday and my values would not be compromised! :)
6. "Your problems never cease. They just change." What do you feel is your biggest problem at the moment?
I'm pretty much carefree with no problems.
(liar,Liar pants on fire)
7. "My dad always had this little sign on his desk: "The bigger your head is, the easier your shoes are to fill." He really drilled that in." Does your ego sometimes get in your way?
No, I tend to be the opposite.
8. "There is a saying that I love...It says: "There are no Zen masters, there's only Zen." "Zen master" is a contradiction in terms. You don't master Zen." Do you believe in Zen? If yes, can it be mastered?
I always believe I can be enlightened in some way,
and I don't see myself mastering that for a very long time.
9. "You can not teach competitiveness." Do you believe you could teach someone, like your child, to be competitive?
I think you can teach your children to do their best.
After that, the rest is up to them.
10. "Home is where the heart is, right?” Obviously Phil didn't originate this quote. He said it when asked if he'd retire after this season. Do you believe home is not a place but rather a state of mind?
I think both, state of mind and a place.
(What if you hate being home, then your state of mind would be a nightmare)
Thanks for checking out our Wednesday craziness. We hope you join us again. Please visit our other player's posts and make a comment. Join us next week for our next meme!