Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Wednesday Wickedness # 9
Hi and welcome to Wednesday Wickedness. We are like other memes in that we will ask you ten questions each and every Wednesday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick a famous person and pick ten of their quotes. Each of our questions will be based on the quotes. Got it? Great! Let's begin this week's meme!
Today we picked Lady Gaga. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!
1. "Peace. it does not mean to be in a place where there is no trouble, noise, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart." Do you keep your cool no matter what is going on around you?
Not at all, I internalize a lot. So I may look like I'm calm cool and collected but not so.
2. "Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you're wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore." Do you feel that career should be more important than your love life?
No, I think a balance is ideal. Not always possible though, right Gaga?
3. "You have to be unique, and different, and shine in your own way." In what way(s) do you feel that you are unique?
My husband says that I light up a room, so at least to one person, I am unique.
4. "I want women -- and men -- to feel empowered by a deeper and more psychotic part of themselves. The part they're always trying desperately to hide. I want that to become something that they cherish." Do you feel that there is a part of you that you need to hide from most people?
Gaga, a little mystery is good too. You should try it sometimes.
5. "Love is like a brick. You can build a house, or you can sink a dead body." Have you ever held on to a relationship even though you truly knew it was already over?
Yep, even when I know that someone isn't good for me , I continue to be their friend.
I value friendships and I don't throw them away easily.
6. "Sometimes in life you don't always feel like a winner, but that doesn't mean you're not a winner, you want to be like yourself." Would your friends say that you are a winner in this game of life?
I think they would, at least as far as attitude is concerned.
7. "A glamorous life is quite different to a life of luxury. I don’t need luxury. For years, I was practically broke but I was still very vain and glamorous. And I still am." Can you tell us about a time when you were broke and yet still happy?
When I was young and in love with my husband. (I'm still in love, but not as broke)
8. "I’m single right now and I’ve chosen to be single because I don’t have the time to get to know anybody. So it’s okay not to have sex, it’s okay to get to know people. I’m celibate. Celibacy’s fine." Do you think staying celibate between relationships important?
Gaga, I have been married for almost 39 years. Not a lot of time for other romantic relationships! So that's a no for me!
9. "Fight and push harder for what you believe in, you'd be surprised, you are much stronger than you think." Tell us about an incident where you were stronger than you thought you were.
When my middle son was in a car accident and was in intensive care for almost a month. Everything gets real, very fast and there is no place for weakness.
10. "I lie in bed and try to pray and breathe. I have a very overactive mind. I’m
the sort of person who’d never take medication to calm myself. It’s maddening. But I love what comes out." Do you feel that you always have the ability to calm yourself?
Sometimes when I wake in the middle of the night and my fears come rushing to the surface. I am able to calm myself with breathing and prayer. Gosh I'm just like you Gaga. I think I need a shrink, this can't be true, say it's not so!