Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Wednesday Wickedness # 12
Hi and welcome to Wednesday Wickedness. We are like other memes in that we will ask you ten questions each and every Wednesday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick a famous person and pick ten of their quotes. Each of our questions will be based on the quotes. Got it? Great! Let's begin this week's meme!
Today we picked Ellen Degeneres. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!
1. "I was coming home from kindergarten--well they told me it was kindergarten. I found out later I had been working in a factory for ten years. It's good for a kid to know how to make gloves." How old were you when you started working and what was your first job?
I baby sat at 14 and got a part time job at Marshall Field & Co (now Macy's) at 16.
I was the receptionist in the beauty parlor.
2. "My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is." Tell us about your grandparents.
We lived with my grandparents when I was growing up. My Grandfather trained to be an opera singer, but had a family to support. My grandmother graduated from college and was the first librarian in her town of St Joseph Missouri.
3. "Procrastination isn't the problem, it's the solution. So procrastinate now, don't put it off." Do you procrastinate or are you on top of the situations?
A little of both my friends.
4. "Sometimes you can't see yourself clearly until you see yourself through the eyes of others." What would others say about you?
They haven't told me yet.
5. "The only thing that scares me more than space aliens is the idea that there aren't any space aliens. We can't be the best that creation has to offer. I pray we're not all there is. If so, we're in big trouble" Do you believe in life on other planets?
Yes, outer space is way to big to think that we're all alone here.
6. "I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that." Do you have a godchild?
No I don't.
7. "I don't understand the sizes anymore. There's a size zero, which I didn't even know that they had. It must stand for: 'Ohhh my God, you're thin.'" When was the last time that you were called too thin?
8. "I have the worst memory ever so no matter who comes up to me - they're just, like, 'I can't believe you don't remember me!" I'm like, 'Oh Dad I'm sorry!'" Who was the last person that you should have recognized but didn't?
My Dr's wife, I had met her a few years back and completely forgot.
I'm a ding a ling.
9. "I gotta work out. I keep saying it all the time. I keep saying I gotta start working out. It's been about two months since I've worked out. And I just don't have the time. Which uh..is odd. Because I have the time to go out to dinner. And uh..and watch tv. And get a bone density test. And uh.. try to figure out what my phone number spells in words." Do you work out? Have you ever joined a gym and quit almost immediately?
I do work out at home but I have joined several different gyms and stayed for a period of time, then I left!
10. 'We use 10 percent of our brains. Imagine how much we could accomplish if we used the other 60 percent." Do you feel that you utilize all your intelligence in every situation?
I'm not running on all four burners at the same time.
I have to keep some in reserve.
don't want to use it all up.
I'm sorry everyone, I just read my own answers and they are so boring.
Must be the heat! :)
Thanks for checking out our Wednesday craziness. We hope you join us again. Please visit our other player's posts and make a comment. Join us next week for our next meme