Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sisterhood Award



Sylvia at http://sylviafromoverthehill.blogspot.com/ nominated me today for the Sisterhood Award.
Coming from someone that I have come to admire and respect so much, means the world to me.
I am so honored, and at the same time thrilled beyond words.
Sylvia lends her voice and her heart to so many worthy causes and she reminds us often on her blog, not to overlook people in need, or those that are being discriminated against. She puts her heart and her pocket book behind what she believes in and she reminds me that one voice can make a difference.
Thank you Sylvia for putting me on your list for the Sisiterhood Award and for always being there for me.

Now comes the best part, I get to nominate five fellow bloggers that have touched me with their positive attitude, and their gratitude in life's big adventure. I am actually the grateful one, because they all have saved me from indulging to much in self pity and fear. I thank you all, my friends here in this great forum of self discovery and love .I look forward everyday to sharing my thoughts and sometimes my fears. What a ride you have given me!

There are so many wonderful blogs that I visit and to pick just five bloggers was extremly difficult for me. I wanted to put you all down, but was limited to five.

1. First is Kay at http://travelerswife.blogspot.com/ She has brought laughter and adventure to my world. She is such a great friend and sister, and has a fabulous outlook on life! She inspires me to want to be a better person and to move forward! She grounds me and makes me believe that anything is achievable.

2. Susan at http://stonyriverfarm.blogspot.com/ is my next nomination. She is such a great writer and I enjoy reading her every word! She always has a positive outlook, and even the saddest of stories gets a positive uplifting spin . She is one of the first to leave an positive remark on my comment page and I look forward to them after every post.

3. Mare at http://zoaringwithglinda.blogspot.com/ has the best attitude and the funniest observations on life. When I need a little cheering up, I visit Mare and am never disappointed. Get better soon Mare!

4. Isabella at http://ijustlovetostitch-isarayilovetostitch.blogspot.com/is a newer blogging friend that has welcomed me with open arms and kindness. Her attitude is so uplifting that she just makes me glad with every post to have her in my circle of friends.

5. Julie at http://golbseiluj.blogspot.com/ is a big cheerleader for me and a positive force in my blogging. I am so inspired by her that I'm thinking of taking up knitting.

Here is how this it all works .
1. Put the logo on your blog and post

2. Nominate at least 5 other blogs which show great ATTITUDE and/or GRATITUDE

3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.

4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.

5. Share the love and link this post to the person from whom you received your award.

17 comments:

  1. I can't think of anyone more fitting to receive this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa;

    What a sweet and wonderful thing to say! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, thank you, Peg! You are most like a sister to me than anybody I know. I love all those other bloggers you picked. They are defintely everything you wrote and more. You wrote this all so very beautifully and eloquently, Peggy. You've certainly started off my week happily after a rather frustrating weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so welcome Kay! Your comment was so touching and I'm glad that your week is starting off better...hopefully the rain has cleared for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your sweet, kind words! No one is more deserving of this award than you and I'm so glad I could pass it on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe...Sylvia
    ... you make me blush.

    thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wayyyyyy cool!!!!!!! You deserve it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely award! You're the first person I'd choose to pass it on to (and Kay's another!) but I'm sure I'll have fun finding five more somehow. You've been such an inspiration to me, Peggy, so this is a wonderful blessing -- thank you!

    And, Happy Saint Patrick's Day -- I hope it brings you a lovely spring day no matter what the weather is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kay D.;
    How sweet of you Kay, thank you!
    I think my whole blog list deserves this sisterhood award.
    You're all really great people!
    HAPPY ST PATRICKS DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susan;

    You also make me blush. You were a very easy pick for me. Your blog inspires me and makes me laugh. True sisterhood qualities!
    Happy St.Patricks Day to you. I never said that before to a Irishwomen/man living in Ireland. So cool the way we get to meet others from accross the pond!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, thank you Peggy! I am honored to be considered your sister. Look at what we have braved our way through already in the short time we have been been blogging friends. It's been real[70's term], that's for sure! Thank you, again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mare;

    You are so welcome,it has been "real," and a lot of fun too! (I remember the seventies very well)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had to stop by again to wish you and your whole clan a very Happy St. Paddy's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kay;

    Thank you! It was warm and sunny, and a great day was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad...the pictures of all of you were great. I miss parties....
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the award Peggy. I am so flattered that you thought of me!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Julie you are so welcome and you so deserved it!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, so spill !

Awards, Meme's and Hugs

pencil cursors