Stop laughing Frankie, these are real places!
According to a recent subscriber poll posted by TripAdvisor.com, here are the top ten wackiest vacation sites in America.
1. The toilet seat museum in Alamo Heights,Texas.
2. Carhenge (a Stonehenge replica built out of scrapped automobiles) Western Nebraska near Alliance,Neb.
3. Cadillac Ranch (graffiti covered junker Cadillacs half buried, sticking up out of the ground) in Amarillo, Texas.
4. The Pez museum in Burlingame (Iowa?).
5. Gatorland in Orlando, Florida.
6. Faux Eiffel Tower in Paris, Texas.
7. House on the Rock (?), in Spring Green, Wisconsin.8. Stonehenge II (faux Stonhenge plus Easter Island replica), in Kerrville, Texas.
9. Extraterrestrial Highway (near so-called Area 51) in Rachel, Nevada.
10. Giant Minnesota Twine Ball in Darwin, MN.
Does anyone else find it disturbing how many of these places are in Texas?
A special note to Susan at http://www.stonyriver.ie/
Just trying to gather some interesting places in America for you to visit next summer!