Saturday, October 24, 2009

Best Of Quotable Sunday;


Quotable Sunday is brought to you by Toni, from A Daily Dose of Toni - why don't you join us? Here are the basic and easy-to-follow rules...come on and join in, it's fun! ;)

The rules (for newbies)~Go to your blog and post one or more of your favorite quotes.~Go to Toni's and sign mister linky with the link to your post and then go visit the other participants and leave some comment love.~Spread the word of course...we want lots of Quotes to read :)

I have been a little under the weather this past week and  my brain has not been up to forming a complete thought in days.   If I let my brain atrophy any longer I will go mad, so I decided to jump back in slowly by posting some of my favorite QS quotes that I have been collecting over the past few months
 Hope to be back in full stride by the next time, but until then I hope you enjoy my walk down memory lane! 
Have a great week and stay well!

  • “The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.”-Oscar Wilde
  • "Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world". ~ Harriet Tubman
  • "Once a woman has forgiven her man, she must not reheat his sins for breakfast". ~Marlene Dietric
  • "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong". ~Mahatma Gandhi
  • "Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got." Janis Joplin
  • "Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much". ~Oscar Wilde
  • “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.” Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • "A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt
  • "I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left" Margaret Thatcher
  • "Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people". Eleanor Roosevelt

18 comments:

  1. I'm hoping you are feeling better! So many people around are sick. We are trying our hardest to stay healthy. Our first real winter/major weather changes in 6 1/2 years!

    I like this one the best - Dr Seuss was very wise!

    “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.” Theodor Seuss Geisel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oscar Wilde really had some great gems!

    Now Peg, you really need to take it easy and help yourself feel better. I wish I was there to make some chicken soup for you. Let Jim take care of you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you've been sick this week too, Peggy! It's not fun having a foggy brain, is it? :)

    Love all your quote choices - the Eleanor Roosevelt ones crack me up! :)

    Feel better - and enjoy your Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome quotes! I love Dietric and Joplin and Seuss, but they are all wonderful choices.
    Hope you are well soon!
    Happy QS :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are starting to feel better soon!
    I love all your choices today, especially the ones by Eleanor Roosevelt, such a wise woman!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feel better fast! There is nothing worse than feeling crappy AND have fuzzy brain syndrome too. :)

    I love Dr. Seuss but got a giggle over Eleanor's "tea bag" theory.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stacy;
    Hope you're better soon too.
    One day I think I'm better then the next day not so much! Oh well this too will pass!
    Stay warm and well.
    Happy Sunday to you also!

    Seredipity:

    I love your fav too, thank you for your comments made me smile!
    Happy QS to you!

    LT;

    I just love Eleanor R. too, more so since using her quotes so much!
    Hope your week ahead is great! Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope;

    Thanks for the good wishes, my foggy brain is a little better but my body still aches. This too will pass!
    Love the ea bag and Dr Seuss too.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your quote selection!

    My favorite:
    "Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people". Eleanor Roosevelt

    Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. get well soon, there is too much sicknesses going around. I avoided my youngest grandson this past weekend as he was coughing and sick. I don't want to get sick again..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shelley;

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today.
    Hope you stay well around o many that are sick!
    Hae a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this quote by Eleanor Roosevelt... "A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water."

    Isn't that the truth!

    Hope you start feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great collection of quotes! I'm going to pass the Dr. Seuss one on to my daughter. I hope you're feeling 'up' soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Susan;

    Am feeling better already, brain has stopped farting and is finally connecting. Dr Seuss is a great quote for yung nd old. Cause I like it too!
    Have a great week!

    Jam;

    Like that one a lot. A friend sent that quote in a card seval years ago and I just loved it!
    I a feeling better, thak you for your good thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hoping you are feeling much better soon. So enjoyed all the quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous quotes!
    I think the Eleanor ones are my favourite.
    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cheryl;

    I am feeling better everyday. Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Possum,

    I just love Eleanor R too. very smart women. Franklin was a lucky man.
    I am feeling better,my brain doesn't seem to be quite so foggy!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, so spill !

Awards, Meme's and Hugs

pencil cursors