Sunday, February 7, 2010
Quotable Sunday #23
Quotable Sunday is brought to you by Toni, from A Daily Dose of Toni - why don't you join us? Here are the basic and easy-to-follow rules...come on and join in, it's fun! ;)
It's Super Bowl Sunday and I thought sportsmanship would be a good theme for this weeks QS. So get your chili. ( Da Bears fan's favorite )and maybe pizza, chips, nachos and chicken wings too if you prefer.
Whatever it is, let me ask you this one question ...
"Are you ready for some Quotable Sunday Football?"?
1. "Excellence is not a singular act but a habit. You are what you do repeatedly."
2. "Football is a great deal like life in that it teaches that work, sacrifice, perseverance, competitive drive, selflessness, and respect for authority are the price each and every one of us must pay to achieve any goal that is worthwhile."
3. "Nobody will think you’re somebody if you don’t think so yourself."
4. "I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying."
5. "It’s not the will to win that matters—everyone has that. It’s the will to prepare to win that matters."
-Paul "Bear" Bryant
6. "It’s not how hard you're pushed along the way. It’s having something in you to finish."
7. "Do you know what my favorite part of the game is? The opportunity to play."
8. "I’ve worked too hard and too long to let anything stand in the way of my goals. I will not let my teammates down, and I will not let myself down."
9. "Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
10. "1 goal, 10 assists."
-Adidas commercial on USA Women's World Cup Soccer Team
11. "The time when there is no one there to feel sorry for you or to cheer for you is when a player is made."
12. "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome."
13. "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail."
14. "It's lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself."
15. " The spirit of sports gives each of us who participate an opportunity to be creative. Sports knows no sex, age, race or religion. Sports gives us all the ability to test ourselves mentally, physically and emotionally in a way no other aspect of life can. For many of us who struggle with 'fitting in' or our identity - sports gives us our first face of confidence. That first bit of confidence can be a gateway to many other great things!"
The rules (for newbies)~Go to your blog and post one or more of your favorite quotes.~Go to Toni's and sign mister linky with the link to your post and then go visit the other participants and leave some comment love.~Spread the word of course...we want lots of Quotes to read. :)