Sunday, June 13, 2010

Music Monday

My first time with Music Monday and I picked Barenaked Ladies, not a group that I have listened to a lot. I Liked the song,You Run Away very much and that's what it's all about. So enjoy.



You run away
You could turn and stay
But you run away from me

I tried to be your brother
You cried and ran for cover
I made a mess, who doesn’t
I did my best but it wasn’t enough

You run away
You could turn and stay
But you run away from me

I’ll give you something can cry about
One thing you should try it out
Hold a mirror shoulder high
When you’re older look you in the eye
When you’re older look you in the eye

I tried but you tried harder
I lied but you lied smarter
You made me guess who was it
I did my best but it wasn’t enough

OOOOHHHHHHHOOOHHH

You run away
You could turn and stay
But you run away from me

You run away (I tried to be your brother)
You could turn and stay (You cried and ran for cover)
But you run away from me (I made a mess, who doesn’t, I did my best but it wasn’t enough)

But that’s not something to cry about (crrryyyy!)
It’s not something to lie about

You run away (I tried to be your brother)
You could turn and stay (You cried and ran for cover)
But you run away from me (I made a mess, who doesn’t, I did my best but it wasn’t enough)


Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the actual post link here and grab the code below and place it at your blog entry. You can grab this code at LadyJava's Lounge Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.


PS: Because of spamming purposes, the linky will be closed on Thursday of each week at midnight, Malaysian Time. Thank you!

9 comments:

  1. i had to laugh...barenaked ladies...what a memorable name, eh? you're right-this was a lot of fun and i can't wait to see what you'll come up with next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sheri, I think I have a ecletic taste in music.
    Have a good week and thanks for coming by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard this song, and I'm not too familiar with BNL, but I like your choice! I'll have to give them a listen more.

    Now of course you have me thinking over why *this* song, this Monday -- one of the things I love about this meme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love Barenaked Ladies! :)

    Welcome to Music Monday!:D

    Have a great week ahead Peggy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to Music Monday. I hope you'll continue to join and share with us your songs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great song choice - I liked that you picked one of the less upbeat, more mature songs of theirs! I haven't thought about Barenaked Ladies (at least not the band) in a long time and it was great to hear them. Have a great Music Monday!

    My selection is also a beautiful downcast song except the artist is a fairly new and relatively unknown female (who hs wearing clothes). http://cakeblast.com/entertainment/new-music-monday/nmm-gemma-ray-id-rather-go-blind/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice song. Welcome to MM. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, so spill !

Awards, Meme's and Hugs

pencil cursors