Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Wednesday Wickedness # 7/ The Boss
Hi and welcome to Wednesday Wickedness. We are like other memes in that we will ask you ten questions each and every Wednesday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick a famous person and pick ten of their quotes. Each of our questions will be based on the quotes. Got it? Great! Let's begin this week's meme!
Today we picked Bruce Springsteen. Here's this weeks Wednesday Wickedness
1. “When it comes to luck, you make your own.” Do you believe you have that type of control over your luck?
I believe sometimes I do have some control. ( who am I kidding!!!)
Just by being in the right place at the right time seems to me how this luck thing really works.
2. “You've got to learn to live with what you can't rise above.” What is something you have had difficulty rising above?
Life is sometimes difficult, (let's be real) but it's how you handle it that pushes you to rise above.
3. “Poor men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, and a king ain’t satisfied till he rules everything.” Would you want to be rich?
I just love these types of questions!
Heck yes, I would like to be rich.
It's not what drives me or makes me happy. it doesn't buy health or happiness and that's what drives me.
But if you have a million that you're not using, send it he.
4. “The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with.” Tell us about a song that helps you "face the world."
I have many songs that help me face the day. But I can tell, that you want a more specific answer.
So how about Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon and Garfunkle.
5. “In America every thing's about who's number one today.” Have you ever been a fan of someone you thought would last but turned out to be a flash in the pan?
Probably, but can't remember anybody.
6. “Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse?” Has any dream of yours come true?
Oh many, my husband, my children and so much more. These may seem like small dreams but their big to me.
7. “Our American government has strayed too far from American values. It is time to move forward. The country we carry in our hearts is waiting.” What would you change if you became the president?
Gosh I wouldn't, in a thousand years, want to be President.
Personally, I just would love to believe again in government,
but Bruce nailed it here,
"The country we carry in our hearts IS waiting!"
8. "Yeah, I had gay friends. The first thing I realized was that every body's different, and it becomes obvious that all of the gay stereotypes are ridiculous." How do you feel about gay rights?
Our country was founded on Equal Rights for all, and that's the country that I carry in my heart.
9. " It's a sad man my friend who's living in his own skin and can't stand the company." Have you ever been disappointed in yourself?
Oh sure, I have said things and done things that I'm not proud of.
But Maya Angelou said something that I carry with me
"when you know better, you do better"
10. "The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with." What's your favorite type of music? What's your favorite band?
I don't have one particular band or group or type that's my favorite
I seem to have very eclectic taste , from opera to hip hop.
I find favorites in all.
Thanks for checking out our Wednesday craziness. We hope you join us again. Please visit our other player's posts and make a comment. Join us next week for our next meme