Friday, October 10, 2008

I've been funky

Sorry about my absence from blogging.
I have been in kind of a funk ....and rationalized to myself ....that I really don't have anything interesting to say much less pass on.
Since being more confined lately I have become boring...gosh I bore myself. The art of conversation was something that I tried to practice as often as I could and meeting new people was the best present...better then Christmas or my birthday!
I didn't want to give up on myself as far as walking again...I worked hard everyday...to get back to where I was before I broke my ankle. So much so that I ended up putting off everything else that used to be important to me...gosh ...everything that I liked about myself, everything that made me smile!
An e-mail from a new friend..started me thinking and made me realize that I don't have a hold on my all tomorrows ...and today is what matters...family matters, friends matter and I matter!
Maybe the words are a little cliche ...but to me...right now
"cliche is good!"

5 comments:

  1. I have missed your updates. How did you break your ankle? I think that when a medical issue disrupts our regular daily living, it often invades our mental barometer, too!
    Hang in there...better days are coming! And a little bit of chocolate is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Peg, I'm so sorry...

    I'm in sort of a funk right now, too. Mare is right though... a little bit of chocolate could help. :)

    The trip went so well for us and we've returned to a whole passle of problems over here. Sigh...

    Gosh... I could never imagine you as boring. You've never ever been boring. You've always been so full of cheerfulness and hope even through difficult times. I guess you're human after all...

    I know things will look up soon. You have a family who adores you and tons of friends who do, too.
    Like me, of course.

    I'll be thinking of you and sending you lots of love and smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Peggy! Nice to meet you! I came across your blog through either Kay or Jo, and I am so happy I did!

    First off, must say that I broke my ankle on 2/13/06 and it was a life-changing experience for me. It was my right ankle (so I couldn't drive!!!) and I stupidly fell down my stairs because I had my arms full, left a notebook on the stairs for someone to bring up, forgot it was there, couldn't see with arms full and went flying down about 6 steps, smacked hard onto the hardwood dining room floor. I followed doctor's orders to a "T" and got my cast off in 4 weeks - then a "Frankenstein" boot for awhile and PT for probably 6-8 weeks.

    I learned much about myself through that experience and my life will never be the same. I wish I knew about blogging back then. It would've helped me immeasureably. I could go on and on, but I won't. It is a pleasure to meet you and if I can ever offer anything to help you thru this experience of yours, please let me know. This is a great opportunity to find out what you're made of - fix it if you don't like what you see, or soar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so how did you break that ankle? That's not boring at all. Do you have a camera? You could take pictures of your cast? Take pictures of what you're looking at everyday, and also sometimes crabbing about it can be a good thing. That's what we're here for anyway!

    So complain away, take those pictures, and let us know how you're doing. We already know life is grand, but in the small everyday reality, little things can irritate the you know what out of us.

    Wishes for fast healing and hugs sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peggy, come join us in Nablopomo. If you can't figure it out, join us through my blog. It'll get you posting and we'll learn more about you.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, so spill !

Awards, Meme's and Hugs

pencil cursors