I have not been blogging in a few days because I have been busy shopping for a new mattress. The one I purchased 15 months ago has a hole in the side where the pillow top floats.
1. Your kids are becoming you...and you don't like them
...but your grandchildren are perfect!
2. Going out is good.
Coming home is better!
3. When people say you look "Great"...
they add "for your age!"
4. You forget names ... but it's OK
because other people forgot
they even knew you!!!
5. The 5 pounds you wanted to lose
is now 15 and you have a better chance
of losing your keys than the 15 pounds.
6. Remember when your mother said
"Wear clean underwear in case you GET in an accident"?
Now you bring clean underwear in case you HAVE an accident!
7. You used to say,
"I hope my kids GET married ...
Now, "I hope they STAY married!"
8. You miss the days when everything worked
with just an "ON" and "OFF" switch..
9. You used to use more 4 letter words ...
10. You read 100 pages into a book before you realize you've read it.
11. Notice everything they sell in stores is "sleeveless"?!!!
12. What used to be freckles are now liver spots.
13. You have 3 sizes of clothes in your closet ....
2 of which you will never wear.
14. But old is good in some things:
old songs, old movies,
and OLD FRIENDS!!