Sunday, January 24, 2010
Quotable Sunday #21
Quotable Sunday is brought to you by Toni, from A Daily Dose of Toni - why don't you join us? Here are the basic and easy-to-follow rules...come on and join in, it's fun! ;)
The rules (for newbies)~Go to your blog and post one or more of your favorite quotes.~Go to Toni's and sign mister linky with the link to your post and then go visit the other participants and leave some comment love.~Spread the word of course...we want lots of Quotes to read. :)
I've been trying to figure out in my head our most recent political events.
Last Tuesday's upset election in Massachusetts was a shocker and left me wondering what direction our country might take now. I only had to look at our nations past for clues, and Ronald Reagan's Presidency came to mind.
President Reagan had approval ratings around 50 percent at the end of his first year in office and ended up winning a landslide reelection victory in 1984.
Events can change on a dime and if the economy and jobs come back, President Obama will come thundering back and the American people with him.
For Quotable Sunday this week, I decided to share some Quotes from President Reagan.
Hope you enjoy, most of them made me nod in agreement.
See if you do also!
1.Here's my strategy on the Cold War:
1. 'We win, they lose.' - Ronald Reagan
2. 'The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'-Ronald Reagan
3. 'Of the four wars in my lifetime, none came about because the U.S. Was too strong.'- Ronald Reagan
4. 'I have wondered at times about what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the U.S. Congress.' -Ronald Reagan
5. 'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'- Ronald Reagan
6. 'Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.'- Ronald Reagan
7. 'The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is a government program.' - Ronald Reagan
8. 'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.'- Ronald Reagan
9. 'Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it' - Ronald Reagan
10.'Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed, there are many rewards; if you disgrace yourself, you can always write a book.'- Ronald Reagan
11.'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'- Ronald Reagan
12. 'The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'-Ronald Reagan